.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Lucky's Pot o' Gold

They're always after me Lucky Charms...

Thursday, September 21, 2006

Crikey, What a Mate!

Lep here comin' to you today to talk about a bit'o'sadness that's befallen me. Me' best Aussie mate, Steve Irwin, tragically met his end while swimming with some nefarious stingrays recently. It's a loss being felt throughout Tipperary, I can assure you. I met Steve last year when I was on me' lep-holiday down under, hanging out in a roo's pouch.

Me' eulogy

We were hopping through the outback when Roo stopped very suddenly. In that moment my cozy pouch was flung open and a huge face appeared. "Crikey!", he said, "Look at the size of him! This is the most dangerous leprechaun in the world!!" Natuarally I was flattered so I put on a good show. He reached in, pinched me behind the neck and held me up for the cameras. I thrashed and snarled in my most ornery trapped-leprechaun style. "You'll never find me pot'o'gold!", I bellowed. It was one of Steve's better episodes, if I recall. After filming we continued chatting and then head down to the pub later for a couple of VB's. We've been best mates ever since. I get a little lep-tear in my eye when I think that now he will never be able to complete his Deadly Irish Beasts documentary, due to begin filming next St. Patrick's Day. Rest in peace me' dear friend.

2 Comments:

At 8:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How tragic Lep, I wad no idea you and the Lep Hunter were so close. Hang in there buddy.

 
At 2:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gee, Lep... Nice of you to show up for the eulogy. I'm sure Steve would definitely appreciate your kind words.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home